Monday, May 10, 2010

Strange Quotes

Sometimes I hit a rough spot when I'm writing. I wouldn't quite call it writer's block, but things get really hard, and the job becomes something akin to pushing a boulder up a very steep hill. Thinking of that, here are a couple of quotes by authors that quite surprised me:

"I do not LIKE writing; in truth, I HATE writing, and would rather do anything else. But the joy comes when, almost in spite of myself, I come close to what I want to say. A sentence or an insight leaps from the page." --Bel Kaufman, author of UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE and LOVE, ETC.

"I'm one of those people who will do anything to avoid writing. Anything!" -- T.E.D. Klein, author of THE CEREMONIES and DARK GODS.

Things like that make me feel better when I'm only able to produce a thousand words in a week instead of 9,000 words.

No comments: