Thursday, May 13, 2010

Around the Casita!

Well, I took the cover off of the Casita trailer on Sunday. This is the longest we've ever gone without taking her on the road. And I'm still not sure when we'll be taking a road trip with the travel trailer. Our Spring vacation was to a condo. Our summer vacation will be in lodges and cabins in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Unless we can squeeze a road trip in there somewhere, it may be until late Fall before we go camping with the trailer. It's all very sad.

Still and all, I felt that I should uncover the Casita and give her a bath and see about getting the tire ready to change. Soon after our last road trip the right tire went flat. We'd been planning on buying two new tires anyway. She still has the factory set on her, so it's past time to get some new wheels.

So after I jacked the travel trailer up I purged the antifreeze from the plumbing and ran fresh water throughout the system. Then I put a stand underneath, gave her a good bath and then waxed the front and one side. I still need to put another coat of wax on the front and also wax the other side. But for a Sunday I did a good bit in getting her ready for the day when we'll head out to a National Forest or National Park campground.

The best purchase Carole and I ever made.


No comments: