On our last extended trip we discovered a bad leak in the onboard fresh water system. After much searching about, I located the leak (in a plastic pipe). However, I couldn't fix it due to the fact that to remove the bench under which the leak was located, I would have had to remove the fuse box that's accessible beneath that bench. And my knowledge of such stuff is just way too limited. Yes, I could have removed that fuse box, but damned if I'd know what I was doing when the time came to rewire it.
Additionally, there were other more minor concerns with the trailer that I needed to address. The hot water heater worked fine on gas, but only made warm water when I used electric. There was a valve to drain the fresh water tank that needed replacing. The wheel bearings needed to be checked. I wanted a cover for the fresh air vent, plus new end caps for the hollow bumper and a new sewer hose. So the best thing for me to do was to haul it in to a shop that had done work for me in the past and who were very reliable and friendly.
Yesterday they called to tell me that the trailer was ready for pickup. They replaced all of the damaged and worn parts that I'd pointed out to them, and did all of the repairs. Total cost for labor and parts was well under $200. I was very happy. Now all I have to do is find the time to go and pick up my trailer. Probably early next week will be my first opportunity for that. "Don't worry about running out to pick it up," they told me. "Your trailer doesn't take up much space."
I'm very much looking forward to hooking up the Casita. We're heading down to explore first magnitude springs in Florida that we've never seen. Just a few more weeks and off we go!
Me and the family with our Casita at Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys.