Friday, March 26, 2010

Waterfalls, While I'm Writing

The writing is going well. Every day the scenes come to me and the keyboard is friendly and not my adversary. I'm having quite a good time with the new novel, but it leaves me no time for other writing.

In the meantime, here are some of the waterfalls I visited between 2004 and 2005. Where I can remember, I'll post the locations.

Stone Mountain Falls in Stone Mountain State Park, North Carolina.

Waterfall in Hanging Rock State Park, North Carolina. I took a shower here to clean off the grime of hiking in the park all afternoon in hot, muggy weather.

Same waterfall.

DuPont State Forest, North Carolina.

Triple Falls, DuPont State Forest, North Carolina.

Granny Burrell Falls, Panthertown Valley, North Carolina.

Unnamed waterfall in Holly River State Park, West Virginia.

Shupe's Chute, Holly River State Park, West Virginia.

Upper Waterfalls, Holly River State Park, West Virginia.

This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have ever seen. The setting is amazingly beautiful and very peaceful. The pool below the falls pretty much BEGS for the viewer to swim in it. Mill Creek Falls, in Kumbrabow State Park, West Virginia.

No comments: