Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn Begins its Trek

Andy and I noticed that Fall was making its initial presence felt in the high country. September sees the first few types of trees beginning to lose their green coats and go to other brilliants hues of red and ocher and brown and gold. These are the first, and they were evident on the higher ridges above the Gorge.

Atop Babel Tower.

This single red leaf had fallen into this pool in the pale stone near the summit of Babel Tower.

Stone and shades of green going to more vivid colors.

A first touch of gold in the treetops.

Nature takes Her Autumn paintbrush and begins the first, tentative strokes of the coming season.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Autumn is my favorite season! These are beautiful.

James Robert Smith said...

I think more people like Autumn the best of the seasons. I'm also quite fond of it. However, I enjoy each new season when it's in its first stages. Autumn has more variety than the others, so perhaps that's why most people tend to love that time of year so much.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the photos. There's nothing I like more than hiking in the mountains.