Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Computers. Feh.

There are some things about computers and digital technology that I like. Cameras. Love those things! Wordprocessors. Fantastic! Beyond that...I can either take 'em or leave 'em, or I hate them.

Also, I've reached a point where all of this rushing advance and geekery often makes me just go blank. If someone is talking to me about some of this stuff, I just glaze over and zone out.

I'm tired of it.

Give me a place in the woods where I don't have to freaking deal with this crap.

Apparently our big TV can receive channels available over the Internet. In a nutshell, a vast world of films and old TV shows open up to us. I just don't care. I don't feel like figuring out how to activate that option. I don't watch much TV anyway.

I just want to go back to the forest and find some peace, some quiet, some solitude.

You can keep yer apps and yer gigabytes and go all cyberpunk. I'll be off somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Probably reading a book. A real book. Not one of those damned ebook things.

Where we hope to build a cabin.

No comments: