Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wishing for a New Camera


It's times like this when I wish I had a better camera.

We were having a nice day at the US National Whitewater Center. Carole and Andy were taking another turn on the rafts while I sat by the fake river to relax. I'd found a nice shady Adirondack chair under a bridge and was just taking it easy. Then a little finch of some kind landed on a rock to my right. It was a relatively bland color, but it had a nice patch of orange-red on the back of its head. So I carefully got my digital camera out and was able to snap a few shots before the bird got skittish and flew away.

I'd have really been able to land some nice photographs of the finch if I'd had a much nicer camera. I recently got some advance money on one of my novels, so I think we'll now go and pick out a nice SLR camera and lens. We'll see.

What's up, doc?

Don't know if I can trust a human.


Okay, then. One good shot and it's off to the races.

No comments: