Friday, June 11, 2010

Before the Oil

In late April we visited the Gulf coast along the panhandle of Florida. We hit a number of the beautiful white sand beaches there. We saw tons of wildlife. The water was clear and beautiful.

No more.

So I thought I'd post a link to an online album of photographs that I took while we were there. It may very well have been the last chance to have seen the Gulf with its ecosystem more or less intact.

Very sad.

The photos are HERE.

April 22, 2010.


I've read that this beach, which we enjoyed so much a bit more than a month ago, is now fouled with oil. That sugar-white sand is gummed with toxic muck.

2 comments:

Jack Thyen said...

Such a shame! Makes you want to kill all the BP executives!

James Robert Smith said...

Yep. I'd like to clear the boardroom and see them all hang by the neck.