Sunday, April 01, 2012

Random Photos

Random photos again! All of these are from 2006 and were taken in the southern Appalachians.

My occasional hiking pal Johnny Corn setting up a photo on a bridge in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Jack Thyen (in front) and Hank Pownell (behind Jack). Haven't seen Hank in a few years, but he and his wife own a historic house in Burlington, NC.

Jack standing before one of the big poplar trees on the Boogerman Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Me, at Rowland Creek Falls in Virginia. One of the nicest waterfalls I've hiked to when I was on my own.

Our old white Nissan Frontier and our Casita at Hurricane Campground in southwest Virginia. This is among the nicest campgrounds we've ever visited. I really want to go back there.

I think this is Rowland Creek Falls again, but I'm not positive.

I've been told this set of falls is called Baby Falls.

Quartz outcrop on Sam Knob here in North Carolina.

Sam Knob, one of the South's sixty or so peaks that exceed 6,000 feet in elevation.

Elk in Cataloochee in the Great Smokies.

In the Bald River Gorge Wilderness Area in Tennessee.

No comments: