Friday, April 20, 2012

CPCC's Sensoria Appearance

On Monday, after my backpacking trip, I had to get up earlier than I really wanted to so that I could be on the campus of Central Piedmont Community College for their annual Sensoria event. I'd been invited to speak, along with AJ Mayhew, as alumni who have sold novels to major publishers. The folk who organized the event were very good at their work and made me feel welcome and comfortable. I had a great time, and I hope the audience did, also.

This was the biggest room in which I've spoken so far. When I first started doing signing and author talks I was always really nervous. Not Charles Bukowski puke-in-a-bucket nervous, but pretty nervous. Now they don't bother me at all.
And here I was, in front of the almost totally female crowd speaking about monsters and zombies. Most of the audience had obviously come to hear Ms. Mayhew, but I think I did a passable job of keeping their attention.

After our talks, it was time to sign autographs.
I always get a kick out of meeting new readers.
I listen to the very entertaining AJ Mayhew



Our books on sale at the makeshift CPCC bookstore annex.


No comments: