Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Del Webb Public Library

The talk and signing event at the Del Webb Public Library was a wonderful experience. The folk in charge got a sizable crowd of friendly interested readers to attend. It was one of the nicest and most satisfying signings I've ever done.

I was really pleased with the range and quality of the questions posed to me by the audience. I hope that my answers kept them entertained. Over the course of the event I did manage to get a couple of (intended) laughs out of them.

In addition, I sold all but one of the copies of THE FLOCK that I took with me. I'm really glad I turned around and went back in the house to nab a half dozen extra copies before I headed out.

If you're in the area, I highly recommend a visit to the library there in Indian Land. It really is one of the nicest libraries I've visited in this part of the country. They have a great selection of used books in their book sale room--they've actually devoted a whole section of the library for this.

Although you can't tell from this photo, there was quite a good crowd present for the event.

And then, it was time to sign copies of THE FLOCK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throw in a can of dog spray w/purchase next time and you'll unload even more copies. Looked like a good day for you Mr. Smith. Congratulations!!

James Robert Smith said...

Thanks! It was great. I'll be at CPCC's SENSORIA event at 11 am on Monday.