Thursday, October 07, 2010

Amazing Scenery in West Virginia

I think of all of the photos that I've taken in West Virginia, this is my favorite. I forget the name of this small range of mountains, but they're among the highest in the state, topping out at well over 4,000 feet above sea level. This was also one of the prettiest sections of that most gorgeous of eastern states. This is high on my list of places to revisit.


Taken near Cranberry Glades Recreation Area in West Virginia.


Painfully close to finishing the novel...

2 comments:

Turner Sharp said...

James: I can't resist guessing where the phot0 was taken. Were you near the entrance to the Forest Service Visitor Center facing eastward down WV 39/55. If so the mountain in the fore ground is Cranberry Mountain and the one in the back is Black Mountain.

James Robert Smith said...

You might have the summits right, but we were farther along on the byway a bit distant from Visitor Center. This was a fairly isolated spot where I pulled over to get the shot. But I do think you're right as far as the mountains are concerned.