Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taking it Easy


There are several things that's it's almost hopeless to attempt when I'm on vacation.

One: Dieting. Screw that. Too many temptations and too much idle time on my hands. Yes I can go swimming, canoeing, hiking, etc. But there's always the charcoal grill and a cooler filled with beef and beer. Shit.

Two: Work. This was supposed to be a working vacation. I've added maybe a thousand words to the novel since we left home. I should have known better. Oh, well.

I was hiking through some tall brush. I looked down and saw the end of a shed snakeskin. I bent down to examine it closer and kept following it. It was so impressive I carefully picked it out of the grasses and took it back to the picnic area. What kind of snake? I have no freaking idea. I don't like to think I was thrashing about in the bushes where six-foot canebrake rattlesnakes reside, but I probably was.

Today, we're off to the world's deepest first magnitude freshwater spring. Catch you guys later!

2 comments:

Jack Thyen said...

Oh No! Bob has multiplied! Pretty Cool idea with that Panorama!

James Robert Smith said...

I love PhotoStitch! Every once in a while I make those photos with multiple Bobs in them.