Saturday, June 07, 2008

Even One Degree Hotter

One of my all-time favorite cartoon quotes is from KING OF THE HILL. Hank's right wing-nut pal, Dale, is pissing and moaning about the "fakery" of global warming. And Hank's reply is classic:

"Dale, we live in Texas where it already gets to 110 degrees in the Summer. If it gets one degree hotter I'm gonna kick your ass!"


As a laborer who works in the elements all year, I can say that slogging away in the heat and humidity is pretty damned miserable. The past few days the temperature has hovered in the high 90s. Tomorrow, it's supposed to hit, and maybe surpass, the century mark. Thank Jove I don't have to work tomorrow.

And if it gets any hotter, I'm going to kick the shit out of the next Nimrod who claims that there's no such thing as global warming.

No comments: