Thursday, January 28, 2016

Honesty

A few years ago I was a guest at a science fiction convention. They treated me well and gave me a prominent place on panels and a nice spot to sell my books. All gratis, for being a guest at their show.

It was an okay experience. I met a few interesting people but I didn't sell a single book.

Some time after that they sent me a questionnaire. They wanted me to list the good things about the show and the bad things, if any, about it. They even went out of their way to mention that there would be no repercussions for mentioning any negative aspects of the show or how it was run.

I complied, with complete honesty and absolutely no rancor, since I had been well-treated. But I did point out some things about the show which I thought needed improving.

I was not invited back. Ever.

Alas.


Well, Hell...I got to meet Jeffrey Combs!

Hello...Bobby. Don't come play with us. Not ever..or ever...or ever.

No comments: