Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wildlife Photos

I know there are some repeats here. But I am busy writing today. So I'm just going to put some of my favorite wildlife photos on the blog today. Taken in many places. If I can recall where I took them, I'll leave a notation with the photograph. All photos by me and copyright forever and ever and ever by James Robert Smith.

This is the fat raccoon who gave us Hell at Blue Spring State Park in Florida.

Bull bison in a dust wallow in Hayden Valley, Yellowstone.

Turkey vulture near the summit of North Carolina's Stone Mountain.

Bighorn ram, Glacier National Park.

Gopher tortoise on Egmont Key, Florida. His back is covered with sand because he was previously in his sandy burrow.

Hog-nosed black snake. On a trestle on the Virginia Creeper Bike Trail in southwest Virginia.

Velet ant (they are wingless wasps), back yard, Huntersville, NC.

Striped mullet at the opening of Silver Glen Springs, Florida.

Coyote/Red wolf hybrid in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Four cottonmouth moccasins in Tate's Hell State Forest, Florida.


Gull, Gulf coast of Florida.


Not the greatest photo, I admit. But this black bear and I surprised one another as I was hiking a back country trail in Douthat State Par, Virginia.

Piebald white-tailed doe in Ocholockanee River State Park, Florida.

This gator was a bruiser. One of the biggest I've seen in the wild. At Wakulla Springs, Florida.

Gar, Manatee Springs, Florida.

Non-native African rhesus monkeys. Juveniles. I photographed them on the Silver River where there are hundreds of them living where they have adapted to the Florida landscape in the Silver River State Park, Florida.

Bull moose on the Snake River in the Grand Teton National Park.

Bull elk, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.

Ptarmigan, Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado.

Pika, Rocky Mountain National Park, Longs Peak, Colorado.
Salamanders, Mount Rogers National Recreation Area, Virginia.

Elk herd, Great Smoky Mountains.

White-tail buck, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee side.

Black bear, Beartown State Park, West Virginia.

Wild turkey flock, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee side.

Bull elk, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC side.

White-tail does, Blackwater Falls State Park, WV.

Me. While hiking to find some of that wildlife in the NC mountains. Tuckered out!

No comments: