Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peace and Quiet

Writing. Plan to be writing constantly for the next three months or so.

My blog will suffer because of that.

Unlike some writers, I cannot tolerate noise of any kind when I'm working on my fiction. Music, machines, voices...all of that is out. I need to have some solitude (generally speaking) when I write. I have written in public spaces (libraries and restaurants), but even those were relatively quiet.

Thinking of that, I post here some photos of one of the quietest places I have ever been. It was on Unaka Mountain which is located along the spine of the Appalachians straddling the border between North Carolina and Tennessee (not far from Erwin TN). Even though the Appalachian Trail passes over the summit, I was lucky and managed to be there when none of the annoying crowd of AT backpackers were coming through.

Peace and quiet. I scored big that day.








No comments: