Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Woikin' Vacation

Well, I spent 2 & 1/2 very relaxing days at Mortimer Campground and environs. It's jam-packed with hiking and swimming and kayaking opportunities. Plus many rock climbing spots, if I was into that sport, which I'm not.


The really nice Mortimer Campground in the Pisgah National Forest. Avoid on warm summer weekends when the area is packed to bursting with total madness. Imagine one of the most beautiful places in North America. Then imagine it packed with hell-raising rednecks. Yeah. Go in the middle of the week.

I almost lost my camera at a 200 foot slide/waterfall on North Harper Creek. I then had to descend the waterfall through the woods beside the falls. I'll deal with this in detail later, but on the way to the base of the falls I...well, I slipped. It happened so fast that I didn't even realize I'd fallen until I was on the rock. I suffered a really severe contusion on my left thigh. I'm talking really, really nasty.


Oh, yeah. I'm feeling cocky now. This was shortly before I dropped my camera and BUSTED MY ASS chasing it down the mountain.

At any rate, I'm okay. My camera's okay. I'll talk about it later.

I didn't quite finish the novel, but I'm oh-so-close. Maybe one more day of solid writing and the first draft will be completed. Then a few more days of polishing the manuscript and I can send it to my agent.

No comments: