Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back Home!

Carole and I took a brief two-day vacation to a part of Virginia that Carole has wanted to see for some time (to scout out for an extended vacation in our travel trailer). So we headed up to the spot to see what it had to offer. I'll post details later.

But one thing I will say is that I had one of the best day-hikes I've taken in a long time today! The trail had so much interesting eye-candy that I was floored. I wasn't expecting anything like what I saw. We will DEFINITELY go back for an extended camping trip!

This is a self-portrait taken near the top of an enormous landslide on Torrey Ridge. This is a vast quartzite landslide leading down from the top of the ridge almost to the bottom of the valley. There are a number of these sites in that part of Virginia. I've never seen precisely this kind of thing anywhere else.

Sherando Lake. Taken today.

No comments: