Monday, March 05, 2012

Yesterday's Hike

I managed to go hiking yesterday. My trip was scrambled by a number of factors, all dealing with the (changing) weather. I'll post details later, but my first problem was the blockage of the road I was going to use to get to my preferred trail head. The wind of the previous evening had planted a large tree across the road, blocking access.

The road was blocked. Thanks Mr. Wind!

So I had to completely change my plans and play it by ear. After a hike to see a waterfall I'd visited a couple of years ago I headed into higher country to access some different trails, and ran into fierce winter weather complete with snow.

Oh, well.

My final stop of the day: Wiseman's View in the Linville Gorge. The snow was starting to come down in serious fashion as I left the Gorge.

The big snowstorm was gliding across Grandfather Mountain, getting ready to hammer me.


And this is the weather that soon caught up to me.

No comments: