Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Some Wildlfowers

I don't know much about wildflowers. Almost nothing. But I often take photographs of them when I'm hiking. Here are a few I saw on my way to see the big cottonwood tree in Boone's Cave Park. I can't ID any of them, so if you know, post here.

Very small. These blossoms were on a stalk about a foot high.

These delicate blossoms were on a plant growing out of a spray of moss.

This one was pretty much alone in the sun beside the trail.

This was another very tiny flower that grew in bunches close to the ground.

2 comments:

MarkGelbart said...

The first flower is either some kind of aster or a violet. It greatly resembles the latter, but I didn't know violets could grow that tall, so I'm not sure.

The third one is easy--it's a field daisy.

The other 2 have me stumped, even with a field guide in hand.

James Robert Smith said...

Thanks!

I have pals online who are wildflower freaks and know everything. They just haven't spoken up.