Monday, July 04, 2011

Two More from Barks

I landed copies of WALT DISNEY'S COMICS & STORIES #120 and #122 this week. This gives me just about every issue from the years 1949 through 1953. This is the kind of collection that I'll be adding to for years.

There are certain Golden Age comics that seem to still be around in large numbers. This is one of them. I rarely attend a comic book show where there aren't at least a dozen or so of this particular book available for sale. This tends to make me think that this issue sold better than others. I can't say why, as this cover seems no more appealing to kids (or their parents) than any others around this time.

In contrast, this issue came out just two months later, and yet I don't see nearly as many copies offered for sale. I will assume that it sold far fewer copies than issue #120. Why? Damned if I can figure it out.

No comments: