Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Setting up the New Office

I've been working on the new office for weeks now. We moved it out of the back room where it was a combination office/third bedroom. Now that room is going to be nothing but a bedroom and will have Carole's sewing machine in there.

We moved my office into the loft which was largely going unused except as a place to stack newly folded clothes out of the laundry room. For the past few weeks it has been my office under construction. It's still under construction, but is about 60% finished.

Here's where I work, now.

Excuse the cat stuff on the carpet. We're still deciding where those are going. For the first time in a while I have almost enough shelving for more than half of my books. This is the set of shelves to the left of my desk.

This is the set of shelves to the right of my desk, plus some of my Golden and Silver Age comic book collection. (Click to embiggen if you want to see the Frazetta signed and numbered print above the shelf.)

And here is the giant oak desk and oak office chair that Carole bought for me (plus some of the DVD collection in the corner). When we were down in Florida for a signing event for THE FLOCK, Carole told me that we had to go to a house to pick up a desk. She'd apparently arranged to buy an oak desk that she'd found on Craigslist. I did not have high hopes for it, as the price was so darned low. When we got there we found this AMAZING oak desk that breaks down into components, ingeniously designed. And solid, and old. Then Carole found the oak office chair for me also on Craigslist in Raleigh. Wot a dame! (The colored pen & ink print above my desk is an illustration of Solomon Kane as interpreted by Barry Windsor-Smith.)

No comments: