Saturday, September 04, 2010

Sulphur Cauldron

As soon as I can, I'm going to post something in detail about the amazing geyser basins we visited in Yellowstone. Until then, here's one that Andy and I visited while Carole was at one of the cabins. It's called Sulphur Cauldron and is appropriately named. Most of the hot springs and geysers we saw stank, but this one is in a class of its own. It smelled horrible. Unfortunately, it's very close to the road so the sound of automobiles and vans and motorcycles and RVs is a constant bother. Still, I'd recommend stopping to see it even on a day when the road is busy because it's an impressive sight. I've seen photos of it when it has more water in it and I wouldn't mind seeing it at such times.

For now, here's a short video of Sulphur Cauldron:


No comments: