Friday, February 17, 2012

Gone Digital in Yellowstone

Back in the day I had a good 35mm film camera. Sometimes I'd go crazy with it and take as many as 36 photos in a trip. Then digital cameras came along. These days I'll take hundreds of photos over the course of a day on a typical vacation. You can imagine the fun I had with my SLR digital camera when I finally hit Yellowstone National Park.

Between me and Andy and Carole, we took literally thousands of photos on our Yellowstone trip.


This is the very first photo I took in Yellowstone after we'd crossed the park border from West Yellowstone (the town).

You can bet I wanted to get across the river and hike to the top of this peak.
And this was our first family photo inside the Park.

This was a swimming place in Firehole Canyon. At the time I figured that water must be cold as heck, but later I found out the water here is actually lukewarm due to the fact that this river drains one of the geyser basins. We'll have to go swimming here next time.

No comments: