Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Preparing for the Book Tour

Since we're busy getting ready for the book tour, I guess I'll just post a few photographs from this past year's trips. Despite the fact that I went out west twice, I didn't get out to go hiking and backpacking as much as normal. This was because of the deadline for the sequel to THE FLOCK. I had a lot of pressure to finish it in time (I missed deadline, but not by much).

I'm looking forward to getting out and climbing some mountains this year.

Until then, here are a few shots from earlier trips:


Huge mountains on the other side of the San Andreas Fault.

Down there in the haze was the San Andreas Fault. I took this one from near the summit of the highest peak in Joshua Tree National Park. I've forgotten the name of the mountain.

This is a rock that I picked up right at my feet where I took the middle photo. I would loved to have brought it home with me, but one is not allowed to muck about with National Park objects...not even rocks. So I did the next best thing and took a photo. Some type of volcanic rock, I assume. It looks like common slag.

No comments: