Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wrapping Up Another Novel

I'm very hard at work trying to finish THE-NOVEL-FORMERLY-KNOWN-AS-BEAUTIFUL-BOY.

I really loved that title (BEAUTIFUL BOY). It was absolutely perfect. Then that asshole came out with a book using that title last year. I wouldn't have worried about it (you can't copyright a title), but it was a best seller and would still be foremost in the minds of editors (even though it was non-fiction and my book is a work of fiction). So in addition to trying to pen those last few thousand words, I also have to figure out what I'm going to call it.


First of all, I was still going to use the word "boy" or "child" in the title. But now I'm not so sure. Instead, I'm leaning in another direction entirely. It's a problem, but now that I'm almost finished with the manuscript, I won't worry about it too much. It will come to me.


While I work on the book, here are some cute photographs of Lilly to look at. She's a year old, now. Yow!



The first day or so after we brought her home.

Waking Lilly up when I got home from work one day. Still in uniform. "Can't you let me sleep?" says Lilly!

Sleepy Lilly.

No comments: