Friday, April 24, 2009

Places to Go, Things to See

Some places in my native South where I've never been, but intend to visit:

Cloudland Canyon State Park, Georgia.

The Pocket, Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia.

De Soto Falls State Park, Alabama.

Sipsey Wilderness, Alabama.

Jefferson Pools, Virginia.

Mountain Lake Wilderness, Virginia.

Clifty Wilderness, Kentucky.

The Breaks Interstate Park, Kentucky/Virginia.

Cumberland Gap National Park, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia.

Big South Fork National River, Kentucky/Tennessee.

I've never been to any of these places. Some of them have been very high on my to-visit list for years, but time being what it is, I've yet to make my way to any of them. Hopefully, the future will find me in at least some of them (hopefully all). Life is way too freaking short.

The Towers, Breaks Interstate Park, Virginia/Kentucky.


Global Warming Claims an Ancient Culture.

Understanding the Horror of Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining.

"Clean Coal" is BULLSHIT!!!

No comments: