Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Gotta Get Out of This Place!

Four more days of work to go before I can head off into the high country. Yeah, I'm gettin' really agitated to get the hell out of Dodge. (Dodge bein' Charlotte, North Carolina.)

I can only take so much of the urban landscape before I can't stands no more. It's reached that point. If I can just make it through the work week, then it's off for five days of camping and hiking and relaxing in the high country.

Until then, I've been gazing at old waterfall photos from past trips.



Along the Virginia Creeper Trail. That's Cindi Aiken and her daughter, Emily beside the falls. Roy and their son, James are in the vegetation higher up.

Emily Aiken at Backbone Rock Falls.


Me, at Backbone Rock Falls, in Tennessee, but very close to Damascus, Virginia . This is pretty much my all-time favorite waterfall.

This waterfall is beside the highway near Beartree Recreation Area near Damascus Virginia. It has a name, but I've forgotten it.

Mouse Creek Falls in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Midnight Hole, Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This is my all-time favorite swimming hole. There's not a better place to go swimming in a mountain stream.

No comments: