Friday, March 21, 2008

Political

I rarely write anything overtly political here. I just try to observe and comment about things that are important to me in my life, which are rarely overtly political--only subversively. Take the following for what it's worth without further commentary or judgment from me:

I left the house very early the morning of March 20 and went by McDonalds to get breakfast. I sat down to eat in the restaurant. It's in a poor neighborhood, but for some reason all of the clients this morning were poor white people. They were talking about Barack Obama, who had just visited the city where I live (Charlotte, NC). I observed the following quietly from my seat as I ate alone.

"Are you going to vote for Obama?"

"Hell no!"

"No way!"

"I'd die first!"

Then they all started chatting again.

"You know Bill's coming to town?"

"No!"

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"God, there was a President."

"I wisht he was our President now!"

"Lord, yes!"

I swear to Jove. Pretty much quoted verbatim.

2 comments:

dogboy443 said...

You actually had breakfast at McDonlad's. Crikey you'll eat just about anything...including pimiento cheese.

James Robert Smith said...

I have to admit it was out of desperation. I was in a hurry and was hungry. Two things McDonalds counts on.