Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tipping Point (Part II)

Bill Gronroos saw my post about our vanishing winter weather, and sent me the following reply. He grew up in Greensboro, NC, where it rarely snows these days:

"I saw your blog about snow. It really dosen't snow in NC like it did when I was a kid growing up in Greensboro.

Some favorite memories are of sledding down snow covered hills around my house.

The winter of '65-'66 it snowed every Wednesday afternoon for 6 or 7 weeks in a row. I recall great sledding, school being canceled, and the debut of "Batman" on TV during this time period.

We had a lot of days to make up at the end of the school year. Was it worth it ? Yep!"


Another personal response came from Roy Aiken, who mentioned how certain idiots deny the evidence of their own freaking skins.

Alas, I must agree.

The summit of Mount LeConte, elevation 6,593 feet. One of the few places in the South where you can pretty much count on seeing some snow in the winter months. (Photo taken March 5, 2005.)

No comments: