Friday, May 31, 2013

Underwater

Since I finished THE NEW ECOLOGY OF DEATH I have been suffering from complete exhaustion. Frankly...I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life. When you work a regular job (as a laborer), writing is doubly difficult. I have, in essence, two jobs. It sucks the life out of me, sometimes.

Yesterday I slept for twelve hours straight. Today I fell asleep after coming home from work--conked out for three hours after my shower. My wife woke me up so that I could eat dinner. I'll go back to sleep soon.

That's okay. Another day or so of this and I'll be ready to tackle more writing.

Coming out of this exhaustion reminds me of being underwater. Thus, here are some underwater photos from our trip to snorkel and kayak some of the giant freshwater springs of Florida:


I took this one while swimming through the underwater tunnel at Seven Sisters Spring.
Lots of fish share the spring.
Some fish hang out at the outflow from the head spring.
Plenty of company!
The slope plummets down to the main spring outlet.


No comments: