Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Phil Ochs

I wanted to post about the new anthology THE BLEEDING EDGE, in which I have a story. But my desktop computer is on the fritz again and I don't enjoy doing scans and such on my laptop. So I'll try to post about the new book tomorrow.

For some reason today I was thinking of one of my favorite folk/political musicians, Phil Ochs. I only vaguely recall Phil Ochs from my childhood. I'd heard a couple of his more popular songs, of course, but he was just a minor memory until he committed suicide when I was in high school. And it wasn't until I was in my forties that I actually sat down and began to listen to his music with any kind of concentration.


He was a courageous writer and performer. I guess the stress of constantly being on the losing side was just too much for him.


No comments: