Sunday, July 12, 2009

Comic Books and Sech-like

I went to a comic book convention today. As a guest. I sold several hardback copies of my novel, THE FLOCK. And I had a really, really good time hanging out with other creative folk and talking to people, some of whom I hadn't seen in years. It was a lot of fun. I only bought one old comic book--an Amazing Spider-Man #39. I know I said I would never buy one that was out of Steve Ditko's run on the book...but since it was one of the major books of my childhood, I bought one anyway.

Here are a few shots from the show. More later.


Man, it is TOUGH being a Storm Trooper. Achtung, baby!

Who knew Storm Troopers were comic book nerds?!

Budd Root, creator of CAVEWOMAN, gives his highest recommendation to THE FLOCK, and thinks that Bob Smith, author of THE FLOCK is one of the world's finest living authors (if not, indeed, THE world's finest living author).

This was Budd's work space for the day. You HAVE to trust the impressions of a man whose work station is covered with ultra-cool dinosaurs.

2 comments:

dogboy443 said...

Bob,
You've been outted. Check your e-mail about the Flock movie!

WoHoo!!!!!!!!!!

James Robert Smith said...

Thanks, Mark!

The news seems to be everywhere now. From Ain't it Cool to Variety to The Hollywood Reporter (and beyond)!

The most exciting part was this "a summer tentpole movie". YOW!