Friday, June 17, 2016

Work Ethic

I wrote my first novel on an electric typewriter. It took me nine months. Yeah, yeah...the whole "nine months" thing, but it's true.

Around the first week of May 2016 I started my latest novel. I don't recall the exact date, but in that first week. These days, of course, I use a very good word processor (as I have for decades, now) so work is easier. Today, I finished the new book. This is the quickest I've ever written a novel.

And, yes, I'm pleased with myself, and the work.

Without too much delay (I was also editing and revising the book every day), I sent it to my agent via email. With the first novel I had to make photocopies, box it up, and mail it to editors and literary agents one at a time. These days...just attach the file and click a button and it's on the other side of the planet almost instantly.

At any rate...I suppose I should get started on the next one, since what my agent and I want to do is pitch the book as the first in a series.

Work! I love it!

No comments: