Monday, June 06, 2016

Local Cred.

Sometimes I don't give enough credit to the beauty of my current home state of North Carolina. But Carole and I do a lot of touring and vacationing right here within our state's borders. Granted, I don't think our state park system is as robust as it should be, and I would like to see more wilderness areas created and an expansion of National Forest recreation areas. But you could pick and choose places to hike and bike and kayak here and spend years getting it all done.

We certainly have no shortage of natural beauty. Sea coasts. Lakes. Rivers. Whitewater. Mountains (the highest in the eastern USA). Waterfalls. Long-distance hiking trails. Wilderness areas. And so on.

So, here's to the outdoor activity potential of North Carolina!

Plenty of opportunity for rock climbing!

You want views? We got views.

Good ol' Stone Mountain!

Return of the eastern elk.

Coyote in Cades Cove.

The return of the elk!




No comments: