Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Busy Day!

I have a busy day today. I have to get a new tire for the trailer. One of our tires de-laminated as we were driving through South Dakota on the way home. Strangely, it didn't go flat. It just peeled apart. During the violence of the episode the rubber that was peeling off destroyed the door to the trailer power cable and also took off the bottom hinge of the water heater door. I have fixed the door to the water heater, but I'll have to completely replace the door to the power cable. Until then I've put a temporary fix on the small door to the electric hookup.

I paid a lot of money for the trailer tires. Made by Maxxis. I have not been happy with their performance, I have to admit, even though they are advertised as high-dollar, high-quality tires. They are high-dollar, but obviously not high quality.

I also have to get a haircut today, and I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor about my ongoing problems with my hip and foot.

I'll be oot and aboot as they say in Canada.

The tire after we got to a campground. Since the tire did not completely deflate, the situation was not a disaster on the Interstate. I was able to slowly pull onto the shoulder and quickly replaced it with the spare.

One of my other Maxxis tires blew out. This one de-laminated. They suck.

I have since cleaned the dark rubber marks from the trailer. I fixed the water heater door. But the door to the power cable is shattered (it looks attached here, but that's only because the lock keeps it from falling off. The plastic hinge was completely obliterated.

No comments: