Thursday, February 05, 2015

Two New Kirby Finds

I landed two nice Jack Kirby books for my collection. Both are books that I have never encountered, so I made sure to pick them up. Fortunately I was able to get them at a good price.

Kirby did this title in the days when Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie had become huge as TV and film characters. Every kid wanted to be like Davy Crockett (at least the Disney version as portrayed by Fess Parker). Also, this was in the days when Simon and Kirby were packaging and producing titles for a number of companies. WESTERN TALES was an effort for Harvey Comics.

I'm really pleased with this pick up.

WESTERN TALES #31. This copy is in excellent condition. I was lucky to have grabbed this one.

WESTERN TALES #33. This issue featured Jim Bowie instead of Crockett.

No comments: