Monday, October 12, 2009

Mountain Trip

We rushed up to Virginia for a very quick visit to one of our favorite mountain getaways: Grayson Highlands. Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of time on our hands--just the day. However, we were able to see a lot in the few hours that we had. I was able to get in one good hike to see a part of Grayson Highlands State Park that I'd never seen. I'll post some more photos and details tomorrow:

Surprisingly, the Fall colors were not only brilliant, they seemed to be at their peak! We did not expect this, at all!

One of the things I wanted to see was a waterfall in the park. However, I didn't know anything about this tremendous 100+ foot series of cascades along the trail. I'd already spent quite a bit of time photographing two other good waterfalls, and this one appeared as a complete surprise to me when I had to finish the trail and get back to the road. I'll go back and take a closer look in the future. (Be sure to click to embiggen this one.)

No comments: