Thursday, May 29, 2008

Working at Work

One of the things that I was able to do when the movie advance money came in was buy myself, at long last, a laptop computer. I never felt that the expense was justified when I had a perfectly good desktop at home where I was able to work on my fiction in the evenings and on my days off.

But with thousands of dollars of found money in my savings account, I went out and bought a decent laptop with the thought being that I could work on my latest novel on my lunch breaks.

You know what? It's worked like a charm.

For half an hour four or five days a week I'm able to produce anywhere from one thousand to as many (on one day) four thousand words of fiction. As I'm currently collaborating on a novel (with a close friend with whom I've vowed to work on a novel for years), we should finish our project in quick order.

Sometimes things work out as you planned.

If you don't count the vacation thing. I thought I'd work on my novel in my travel trailer once I had the laptop. However, I always found myself either too tired to write, or too busy to do so.

C'est la vie.

No comments: