Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Heading Back.

Well, since I was frustrated in my attempt to bag Sitting Bear Mountain a few days ago, I'm heading back to Linville Gorge in the morning to try again. It's the only major peak in the wilderness that I haven't hiked, so I want to strike it off my list before it becomes a frustrated obsession. In the coming years I'll be hiking and camping and backpacking so much that I doubt it would rank very high on my list, so best to do it now while I still think about it.

I've heard the views from the top are pretty good. I'm always curious if I'll find a grandstand in the Gorge as good as the Hawksbill summit. So far, I have not found a view to surpass with that one.


From a recent visit to the Gorge. Not far from Table Rock.

Taken at The Amphitheater. A grand location.

I took this selfie on Hawksbill. So far, it's my favorite view in and of the Gorge. I doubt it can be topped, but you never know.

No comments: