Monday, January 14, 2019

Hike!

I actually got to hike this past weekend. I say this because this has been the rainiest year in my memory. Every time I get a day or two off and plan to go hiking or backpacking a weather system moves through and hammers us with rain. I will sometimes hike in the rain, but I have my limitations. And not in the kind of downpours we have suffered this year on a regular basis.

At any rate, we went to spend two nights at Table Rock State Park near Pickens, South Carolina and I finally got in some serious hiking. However, I am so out of shape that I paid for the almost nine miles I put in on the first day. By the time I got back to the cabin my thighs and hamstrings were all cramping and I was in total agony off and on for about four hours.

But...it was worth it just to be able to hike in my southern Appalachian mountains. With any luck the weather will cooperate on my next day off and I can get in some more hiking then.

We'll see.


Just after we arrived at the park to stay in Cabin #7.

The view from the side yard of the cabin. YOW!

At Bald Knob just after hitting the summit of Pinnacle Mountain.
Table Rock and The Stool (right) from Bald Knob.

More, later.

No comments: