Saturday, September 09, 2017

A Short Hike Day.

Carole wanted to go to Skyland Orchards to pick apples today. So we did that. I had not expected the crowds! Thousands! Who knew so many city folk liked to go to apple orchards to pick apples??!!

After that we stopped in Hendersonville where we toured downtown and bought lunch at a burger joint that looked really cool but which served just barely average food.


After that we headed up to the Blue Ridge Parkway to take in the views and where I was able to take one brief hike of a little less than 1.5 miles. I climbed to the top of Craggy Pinnacle where I took about a hundred photos and shot about five minutes of video, some of which you can view and watch below.

Craggy Dome, taken from the slopes of Craggy Pinnacle. I used to want to bag Craggy Dome--one of the state's 6000-foot summits. But I really don't have that old urge to bag summits any more.

The famous gnarly birch along the trail where everyone must stop.

Mountains, baby!


No comments: