Thursday, March 12, 2015

Beat Down

Okay. I admit it. I'm too old for my day-job and my body's breaking down. 11-hour nights of deep sleep barely dent the fatigue before I get up and tackle it again. Something's gonna shatter. My guts or my joints. Who knows?

This situation has wrecked my writing time and my production of fiction. If any job has ever defeated me, it's this one at this time. As I said, I'm just too old to be a laborer at this point. Some people can do it into their 60s and 70s, but I ain't one o' those folk.

About the only thing I've had time for on the writing front is to take notes and jot down ideas. And this is why I still carry a notepad about with me.

Until such time as I can relax, that'll have to fill the creative side.

We have been spending some time planning for our long summer trip to Glacier National Park. We're all going together as a family, as we did to Yellowstone and the Florida Keys. I'm hoping we have as good a time in Glacier as we did in the other two spots.

At one of the geyser basins on Yellowstone Lake.

Carole and Andy along the road in Yellowstone.

I took some good photos of Andy from a distance as he explored the Fire Hole Canyon.

No comments: