Friday, February 27, 2015

Gettin' Old!

Yes, getting old is not all fun. But as I have always said, the only other option is not an attractive alternative. The aging body just can't do the things it used to do. I get tired faster. I'm not as strong or as fast or as durable as I used to be. As a laborer, this particularly sucks because I have to walk so very many miles per day while lugging a heavy load on my shoulder. My goal right now is merely to make it to retirement in good enough shape so that I can enjoy my time in the outdoors tramping on trails (yes, I realize how ironic that sounds) and seeing Mother Nature before She's killed off by stupid, greedy humans.

A few weeks ago I had to have an out-patient procedure for which I had to be put under sedation. (No, nothing serious.) They used Propofol to knock me out. That's the shit Michael Jackson was using to go to sleep every night. Holy crap, that stuff is magic! Carole was sitting by my gurney as I woke up and snapped my photo when my eyes crept open. I don't quite recall saying it, but she said that the first words out of me were:

"Damn. Propofol rocks! Now I know why Michael Jackson liked that stuff!"


"Propofol rocks!"

No comments: