Sunday, July 27, 2008

Return of the Bob-Thing PartX

We just got back from a very short vacation to the north Georgia mountains. I lived there when I was a teenager, but I rarely return. Which is a shame, because it's a scenic area with much to offer in the way of natural resources. I'll write more about it once I've recuperated from the physical activity and the long drive back home. In the meantime, here are a few visuals:

Blood Mountain (on the far left) and related peaks leading toward the north.

Amicalola Falls. This is part of the 729-foot cascade that makes it, arguably, the highest waterfall in eastern North America.

Part of the Len Foote Hike Inn. This is where we stayed. Accessible only via a five-mile hike, this is a classic wilderness lodge. Georgia is very lucky to have such a facility. Details tomorrow.


No comments: